75100385

I just need some clarification on my current situation.

Customer Question

Hi,I just need some clarification on my current situation. I've just received a letter through the post from a debt collection agency working on behalf of a college I enrolled in, informing me I owe £1700.00 in fees from a college course which I did not complete nor did I recieve a qualification from. All fees regarding course materials and examaminations I paid on my own, so my underlying question is am I still liable to pay this outstanding amount of £1700.00 or do I have case which I can fight. Thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What did the contract say about termination/cancellation please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember or have any documents informing me about the conditions of termination of the course. The way registered on to the course was on a monthly installment basis I paid the first installment of £250.00 and no other installment after that. Also during the period of my course I started to claim Job seeker's allowance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I do have the document and on the conditions its says word for word. Tuition fees are charged per course per year and the above account may include other fees. The balance is payable in full, unless amended in writing, even if you withdraw from a course. Also on the installment payment it has the declaration for paying oustanding fee's which I haven't signed, I'm not sure If it's a copy that I have or the original.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am available for a call anytime after 1pm on 23/02/2016 and anytime on 24/02/2016. Thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will give a call tomorrow, but you may just need to remind me.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached the documents you require
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Name: Mr. Khurrum Riaz
MOB: ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm available now if you would like to contact me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.Alex