29905560

Qualified counsellor working as a volunteer .5 years at

Qualified counsellor working as a volunteer for 2.5 years at St Christopher's hospice, and other volunteer type organisations through an agency. The owner of agency has made an false allegations 22 jan and this has resulted in her being terminated from above situations. She has on numerous times email, phone and text to request details of allegation and nothing has been responded too. She is applying for jobs and they want a reference yet the lies appear to have been accepted by everyone. Apart from defamation of character this is not acceptable can you advise
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you hoping to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Resolution! Finding out what the allegation is that has been spread to these organisations
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How to resolve it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben my name is ***** ***** this is for my friend France's
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
What is the nature of the allegations and is the agency providing details of these in their reference?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I will not be able to call you until later this evening, , 730 at the earliest, is that ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The nature of the allegations is unknown, she had not been involved in any investigation despite numerous requests to find out sorry that time is no good as my friend here with me now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has copies of all correspondence, I wanted to help her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps call me later I know her situation
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
ok we can continue here, or I can call later. Whilst you can try and get the nature of the allegations, you cannot force them to reveal those. Anyone could say anything about someone else, even if untrue, but that does not mean they can actually be forced to reveal what has been said. Of course that does not make it legal or right but there is the legal side of things and also the reality of the situation. Under law you can of course consider taking further action such as under the defamation laws or if an incorrect reference is supplied - under negligence laws. However, that does not mean that you will force them to reveal what was said so you are really relying on the agency to reveal what was said or find out via other people, for example those who have been told the information by the agency. So you cannot guarantee that she finds out what was said but if she knows untrue things have been said or a false reference given, then there are options for her to pursue this further. If you want we can discuss this later so I will get your details and call you as soon as I can but as mentioned it will be after 7.30