75100385

I signed a training bond with an aviation company. The bond

Customer Question

I signed a training bond with an aviation company. The bond states the company forwarded the funds for my training to the training provider. I have since found out my training was included in the purchase of a new aircraft by the aircraft manufacturer. I have also found out the company that employ me do not own said aircraft. Is the training bond valid?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Is this something you have paid for personally please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The training bond states my employer paid for the training. However, as I mentioned, it was included in the cost of an aircraft they supposedly bought. It now turns out my employer does not own the aircraft.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does your contract mention anything about whether or not they own the aircraft?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It states they agree to forward the funds to my training provider. Only they didn't. The training was included in the purchase of an aircraft they don't own.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, ordinarily it would make no difference whatsoever whether or not they owned the aircraft etc, because its a contract between you and the provider. That would mean you would be liable regardless.However it says the funds are to be forwarded to the provider for training. If they are not paying for the training then you dont need to pay, because it would only be to cover their losses.As such if they have no loss then they do not have a claim against you. But if that clause was not there, you would have been required to pay.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So they have to show that they paid for my training and have invoices?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have asked for invoices many times but have not received any. If this goes to court what do I need to prove? I have proof that the company does not own the aircraft in question and never bought it. It is owned by another company I have no contract with. Does this suffice as a defence?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes they need to show they have suffered a loss. I dont think it makes any difference whether they own the aircraft, its just whether they would have suffered a loss.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That does thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course. Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more thing, can I use a solicitor from any European state to represent me in a Maltese court to deal with this matter?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would pick one from that country as they know the law and procedure etc.Alex