12826847

I have a question, I currently rent out a leasehold apartment

Customer Question

I have a question, I currently rent out a leasehold apartment in Wales. the property management company fails to communicate by any other means than letter, in spite of me living in Dubai. As a result of delays in payments being received and excess charges against my account, they also seem to be able to go to my mortgage provider and collect the overdue funds directly at more additional cost to me. Are they allowed to o that?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Do you have a contract with the agent in writing? If so, what does it say about communication if anything?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Dubai so talking on the phone is not such a good idea. I am not sure what it says about communication in the agreement, we signed the agreement over 10 years ago, since then the agent has changed. my issue is that they appear to be able to go to my mortgage provider at will and demand what they consider to be owed and get it without me being consulted. Are they allowed to do that? I received letters today that were sent in January, they follow up with reminders at GBP 30 each and a GBP 120 debt collection referral fee. we got the letters together and have told them this is the case...they don's seem to care as long as they get the money - Which they do from my mortgage provider.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do the terms and conditions you signed 10 years allow allow then to charge these fees?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure, I don't have the document to hand. since this is a different agent I am not sure how that is?
Technically I don't have an agreement with them. I think they are being unreasonable. I have asked them to communicate by e-ail, they refuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still here
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Why technically dont you have an agreement with them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you did not answer my question, merely asked some of your own. OK I do have an agreement with them. I would appreciate your response to my original question
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do they have your address in Dubai to send documents?