75100385

I had a 2nd brain surgery on 1st July which means I had to

I had a 2nd brain surgery on 1st July which means I had to surrender my driving licence for 12 months so I'm driven around by my boyfriend. I stay at his house 4 days out of 7 as he doesn't like driving in the dark having only been driving for 10 years. He is/was on benefits and as I stay at his house for 4 days out of 7 and leave a few things (clothing, toiletries etc) they said that we were living together so he has had them stopped but we don't live together! AND he's been asked to pay back over £10k that we were going out together. How can this be right?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Did you inform the Council you would be staying in advance?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boyfriend lives in a housing association home and he told them that I would be living there full time for about 2 months (convalescing from brain surgery) and they responded that they had no problem with this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have this in writing?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think so :(
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then this may be an issue. If you are staying 4 nights a week then I can see why they think you are living together. This is because you are spending the majority of your time with your partner and may be considered as this.However what he can do is appeal the decision, this will then go before a Tribunal who is independent and they will make a decision whether or not you are living together.But given you are spending the majority of the night at his, I fear they may think this.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As he is being paid a Disability allowance as well, if he appealed then would they then start an investigation into whether he qualifies for that?
History - he's had 3 x hip replacements (one of them didn't work the first time) before I started going out with him in April 2009 & major back surgery about 2 years ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No they are separate.Does that clarify?Alex