75100385

Good Morning, I need some advice please regarding a business

Good Morning,
I need some advice please regarding a business matter. This isn't very easy to explain so please bear with me! We currently hold a contract to repair, service & maintain catering equipment in school kitchens run by a local council and the council runs the production of the meals within the kitchen, the contract is due for renewal and the schools are being given the option to opt out and take on the responsibility of the productions and equipment themselves. The schools have been contacted by a meal production company offering their services however we have been advised that their offer does not include for the repair, service & maintenance of the equipment so we have written to the schools offering our costs for this aspect. The meal production company have obtained a copy of our letter and somehow taken umbrage to what we have written, although we cannot see how, and want a response by 5pm today or they will hand it over to their solicitors. I can send copies of our letter and their email but there isn't any way to provide these through this facility.
Many thanks in advance for your help
Laura
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Is anything that you are saying untrue?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we have said that we have been advised that their offer does not include for the repair, service and maintenance of the equipment and therefore offer our costs for this service, do you want me to copy and paste our letter and their email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just noticed the 'add files' button! Please see attached
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I have read this and would not worry about it. If what you are saying is true then there is no issue. Even if they wanted to take you to Court for something that was untrue, ie defamation, they would need to issue proceedings in the High Court and show they have suffered 'serious harm' which is the test.This is all hot air and I would not be concerned.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex, I thought that was the case but just wanted some advice to confirm my thoughts really. Could you please advise how we should respond?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would just write back and say that you have done nothing wrong and there is no further discussion on the matter.That is it.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex you've been a great help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luckAlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/