75100385

The water company gave me a CCJ unpaid water bill

The water company gave me a CCJ for an unpaid water bill that was for, and sent to a rental property I co-own.
Initially they refused to do anything about this, instead askin me to proove I am not responsible.
As I do not manage the property and do not have tenant details I informed them I was unable to do so but not liable.
They pressed ahead and went to court.
I have now been back in touch and got through to someone much more helpful. They have said that the bill be cancelled and the CCJ removed.
Can a CCJ just be removed or will it be on my credit record for years even though it wasn't my bill?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.have they confirmed that the CCJ will be cancelled?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they have said it will be, I didn't think that they would have access to credit reference agencies to arrange its removal.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then you need to get written confirmation. They also need to make an application to CourtThis is because you need a Court order saying its cancelled.Then once its cancelled you can send this to the credit reference agencies if it is still showing.But you need a Court order - so they need to apply for it to be cancelled.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex