How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The water company gave me a CCJ unpaid water bill

Resolved Question:

The water company gave me a CCJ for an unpaid water bill that was for, and sent to a rental property I co-own.
Initially they refused to do anything about this, instead askin me to proove I am not responsible.
As I do not manage the property and do not have tenant details I informed them I was unable to do so but not liable.
They pressed ahead and went to court.
I have now been back in touch and got through to someone much more helpful. They have said that the bill be cancelled and the CCJ removed.
Can a CCJ just be removed or will it be on my credit record for years even though it wasn't my bill?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.have they confirmed that the CCJ will be cancelled?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they have said it will be, I didn't think that they would have access to credit reference agencies to arrange its removal.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then you need to get written confirmation. They also need to make an application to CourtThis is because you need a Court order saying its cancelled.Then once its cancelled you can send this to the credit reference agencies if it is still showing.But you need a Court order - so they need to apply for it to be cancelled.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions