12826847

Alex. I am being forced out of an LLP, of which I am

Customer Question

Hello Alex. I am being forced out of an LLP, of which I am a member and my business partner is being frankly aggressive and malicious. I just want to know where I stand and what I can do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company was incorporated in June 2015 between three members, all with equal split. Last week I was locked out of all company email accounts and file storage without reason, and told by one member "I want you out" by text message.I have not received any valid reason as to why, nor been able to speak with them about it. Now, they are being completely unreasonable and looking for any potential route to 'bully' me out of the partnership through intimidation, threats and lying about previously made agreements calling them 'conflicts of interest' and dishonesty.I have requested conference call recordings where some key issues were discussed but nothing has been provided so far. I have been asked for all future details of my personal work (which we have all been doing to fund living costs, as the business was not generating money) and they are now maintaining that I potentially owe them. The whole thing is a mess - we wrote and signed an LLP agreement, but they are also stating that this never took place. One of the other members was responsible for the accounts and speaking with the accountant so I assume the agreement was never formally submitted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An IFA has advised me to cut my losses and leave, which I fully intend to do, but I feel the way I am being treated is completely unfair and unprofessional. I do not want repercussions for me moving forward and would like the peace of mind that I have covered each avenue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have drafted and sent a 'hold harmless' letter and proposed settlement agreement, which I hope will enable us to reach a conclusion sensibly. Is there any more I should be doing at the moment to ensure a clean, fair break?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola, thank you for trying. As time is of the essence I cannot really afford to wait so if you could cancel the request for me it would be appreciated.Thanks in advance
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know about this please?Alex