29905560

I am currently involved in an ongoing Insurance Personal Injury

I am currently involved in an ongoing Insurance Personal Injury Claim. The Insurers involved are proving significantly slow in responding to questions; a letter from my solicitor dated November 27 was still unanswered on December 30 when a further request was issued ; this was still unanswered on February 1st; we have had a response, but not appropriate answers. Is this service usual? I, personally, would not have succeeded in running my professional business had I behaved in this way.
I welcome your comments, & advice as to how best to proceed
Thank you *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you complained to them? Also are they your insurers or the other party's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are the other party's & no I personally have not complained; the whole affair is in the hands of my solicitor , but I am so disappointed by the incompetence of the Insurers, I though I would explore the possibility of making a fuss whilst the wheels of justice are grinding on.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Has a claim been made in court or is this just being dealt directly with the insurer at present?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Directly with insurer at present
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. As no formal claim has been issued yet, the official legal pre-action protocol would not apply. Had a claimed been submitted, the insurer would have had some strict deadlines to adhere to so they would not have been able to get away with too long a delay. However, at present it is just informal dealings (i.e. not as part of formal legal proceedings). I would say it is not that uncommon for insurers to delay or even ignore some correspondence. After all, they would not be in a hurry to pay out so they could drag the process out to delay that as much as possible. Morally, it is wrong, legally, not quite. You can of course complain to the insurer directly and follow their official complaint procedure. If that does not help, you have the right to consider making a court claim for personal injury – then they will have strict deadlines to adhere to and failure to do so could make them in default, meaning you could even win the claim outright. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you