Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My mum had preferential right to buy her council house that

Customer Question

My mum had preferential right to buy her council house that she
Had lived in for over 50 years approved but died a few days later we received the offer but have been told we cannot continue the purchase even though in her will she left me the right to buy Since I was supplying the funds I being her son
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Unless you are also a tenant on the property the "right to buy" is not automatic even if she has stated it in her will. There will however be a right to succession and whoever succeeds the tenancy will have a right to buy once their tenancy is in place for a certain amount of time. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.