75100385

My company was named in a tender to install security

Hello My company was named in a tender to install security at a college recently. Due to this i had many electrical companies contacting me for pricing which took up a lot of time. After 6 months a company who was awarded the electrical side who we fall under (security) got in touch and wanted to check specs kit lists etc and said they would award me the contract as I was the cheapest and named in the tender with experience of the systems wanted by the college. What i must add is that we had a contract for maintaining the security works at the college for 6 years which over this time we designed and installed the systems they have in place today. We lost it after a tender process 2 years ago, so I was surprised to be named in the tender. Due to experience we knew that with the value of the contract £30k+VAT it would have to go out to tender to at least 3 companies so went for it. After agreeing details with the electrical company and receiving the order in writing we carried out R&As and got the contractors pack ready to return only to get a email from the contractor stating the college were refusing our services and told him to use another company who to my knowledge hadn't even quoted in the tender process. I have know knowledge to why the college would refuse our services especially after going through the tender process and being named in the tender. Please could you advise if we have a case against the college as we feel we have wasted a lot of time on this not to mention the works itself ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An additional question is as the process was Main building contractor won the contract who Tenders out different parts of the quote. Successful Electrical company awarded contract who appoints us for the security within the electrical. Is it the college or the electrical contractors decision who carries out the works, I understand if a good reason was given but the only reason given was we are not the current people with the maintenance contract. This should not matter to installation works as no service/ maintenance contracts was mentioned in the tender. So a tender process should be followed for installation works as it was when we had the contract.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.To be clear you want to take action against your customer, not the college?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***** ***** - ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.Alex