29905560

Good Morning, ***** I am a widow age 75 I

Customer Question

Good Morning,
My name is Mrs ***** I am a widow age 75 I have since February 5th 2015 been charged £ 3.75 every week from what I can see by +Sms 7000 460 82. I did not realize this until I rang The utility warehouse my provider yesterday and whilst waiting was looking at my mobile bills for the past year I was horrified. I do not know who they are and what I was charged for as I do not gamble ever nor gamble nor buy lottery tickets. I have not consented to anyone to take this amount out of my bills to The Utility Warehouse my household and telephones provider.I have phoned my providers this morning to put a block on this payments.and phoned The Magic Mob at *********** whom my provider told me to do yesterday 23/02/2016 .Could you please help me? I do not know what else to do and is it not possible to get my money back?
Sincerely
Mrs Jeanne *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.
Hello is this charged on a credit card?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no
So how are they charging you, is it on a debit card, a direct debit etc?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Debit Card
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not understand very well what I should do next?! I have some difficulty on hearing on the phone at times sorry.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do I need to wait at the PC for the answer? or do I come back to it later?
You can leave it with me and I will respond on here early this afternoon thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
O k . Thanks.
Many thanks for your patience. With the information provided it would be quite difficult to work out how you ended up with these payments and are being charged weekly for them. Usually you would need to send the texts to a premium number to be charged like this but there are ways for them to try and set up an ongoing charge. Of course it does not make it right and t is a very sneaky way to go about it but it does happen. The first step would be for you to put a block on the number and try to stop any payments going through your mobile provider. You can also contact the bank and ask them to block any authorisation there may be for these payments to be made. However, I would say that going through the mobile provider would be the best option. In terms of getting the money back I must say that this will be rather difficult. You are initially relying on the company to voluntarily pay the money back. If this was a type of scam, which it looks likely to be, then they will be rather reluctant to just pay you back and that is exactly what I would expect them to do. It means that your only option would be to go to the small claims court. It is your right to go down that route but there is no guarantee that you will get anything in return and for the amount you are actually pursuing you will likely end up paying even more so it is a risk. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the steps you need to try and follow if you want to take it further to the small claims court, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I must say I am disappointed as I thought things might have been sorted .Also I realized earlier on that I might have been in touch with the wrong people sorry to say this I remember typing Ombudsman am I talking to the wrong people?I do not want to offend you it is not personal .
By the way how much as this conversation with you cost me?
SincerelyMrs Hearn
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just remember that you said no satisfaction no fee?!
Is this correct?
if you are not satisfied you do not have to pay but obviously I cannot continue helping you so up to you. As to the Ombudsman - they cannot help you here, unless you can shoe that it was the mobile phone company at fault
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am so sorry having wasted your time it seems as I am not going to get nowhere. I cannot believe that people can just use ones mobile phone to get gain .I can only comfort myself thinking that there are a lot of honest people too.
Thank you so much for your time.Mrs J Hearn
It's no problem. I agree that they should be held accountable but I have seen things like that happen all too often. Would you please let me know how you wish to proceed please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think that I just will leave it be and hopefully learn a lesson from it.
Thanks for trying.
Have nice day or rest of the week.J Hearn
You are welcome, I understand it may not be the answer you were hoping for but I can only tell you what your options are as it actually stands. I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you