12826847

I have a client who has a lease units. Electric

Customer Question

I have a client who has a lease for storage units. Electric supply was lost to the whole estate. The landlord is now seeking to recover cost of total rewire (several thousand pounds) from tenants. Is this permitted as I thought a full rewire was property enhancement and not an ongoing repair and therefore excluded. I have not seen ther lease yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now advised that my client bought the property leasehold on a long lease, paid up front and has an annual peppercorn rent. Each unit within the estate is either let or the leasehold has been bought. The freeholder intends to completely rewire the estate of which my client occupies 8% by area at a cost of £120000, (which will not affect my clients property at all) and re charge the cost to the lessees.
Hope this helps.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I will wait thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.On what basis is the Landlord saying the tenant is responsible?Alex