75100385

I have a drain cover near my home which has been making noise

I have a drain cover near my home which has been making noise for two years in spite of having been reported to my council can I sue them for anything.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What loss have you suffered please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am housebound and have to listen to this cover clank every time vehicles run over it. The only way I can get it stopped is the council, who say it falls in a non urgent category and wil be fixed when they get the time. What loss have I suffered, my mind.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you been to the GP and diagnosed with an illness because of this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I just want the council to mend the cover which they do not
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you should write to your Councillor and Chief Officer of the Council and make a formal complaint. They will investigate the complaint and report back to you. If you are still not satisfied then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can examine the complaint for free at: www.lgo.org.ukBut if you wanted to take it to Court you wouldnt get legal aid because of the changes to the rules and probably cost around £1000 to issue and £10,000 to take it to a final hearing.But try your local Councillor (that is what they are elected for) and the Chief Officer first.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex W
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luckAlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/