75100385

I have a timeshare floating week I have been trying to

I have a timeshare floating week I have been trying to sell for a year now with no success. It is with seasons, a U.K. Based company and has a contract until 2069. Are there any ways of getting rid of it and how much is it likely to cost?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What does the contract say about termination please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The contract doesn't say anything about termination. Just that the last year of occupation will be 2069
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I assume you want to use this company but want to be sure its going to work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I'm quite wary of solicitors and unsure who to trust. I also can't afford to fork out loads of money, so yes, I feel I need to be careful.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure I understand. I would therefore ask that the money you are using be paid into Escrow. That is a third party account and they wont release it until the work has been done.So the money is held by a third party, the Solicitor can see it and as soon as its all done you can instruct the Escrow to release it.For whatever reason the work isnt done, then you get the money back.If they wont do this - I would avoid them all together.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't quite understand your reply. I have tried to sell my timeshare floating week through worldwide timeshare hypermarket. It's been advertised for a year but no luck selling it. Seasons timeshare Plc will not take it back. I have heard that a perpetuity law was passed in Spain last year saying that contracts over 50 years ( which mine is), are null and void. But someone else I spoke to said they did not think it would apply to a British timeshare contract.
Do you know what the average fee is that timeshare owners have to pay to get out of their contracts? Do you know of anyone who does this sort of legal work that you could recommend ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct in that Spanish Law would not apply. The average fee really does vary from Company to company. To find a Solicitor you can go to the website below as I am not allowed to recommend.http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you. That's helpful.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luckAlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Please dont forget to rate so the site pays me for the time spent with you.Thanks in advance.Alex