75100385

I have received a letter from a private dentist today telling

Hi i have received a letter from a private dentist today telling me i owe them £374 from work on my teeth in 2014 ??? This is the first i know about it i.e. no previous letters..no telephone calls etc and of course now i have discarded any receipts and cannot remember what work i actually had done... i paid £1800 to them at the time but now theyre saying my treatment came to £2174
Can you help please ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Did you get an invoice at the time please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No....no notification until the letter arrived today
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - well you can deny it on the basis they waited 2 years and it was not notified to you earlier. You can refuse to pay it.At worst case they can try and take you to a small claims Court, where legal costs generally cant be recovered. You could say they are in breach of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 by failing to act with all reasonable skill and care.They should have told you at the time how much the treatment was. It makes no sense to invoice you 2 years later saying you paid short. I would also consider making a formal complaint to their Regulatory body to see if they can also investigate.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats good info thanks Alex...do you know who their Regulatory body is or would i ask them for that info ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just thinking if i can throw that into the mix in my e.mail it might hold some weight if i know who their regulatory body is ... ??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
www.gdc-uk.org - General Dental CouncilDoes that help?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.. thankyouvivienne
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luckAlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sure i will do that... however does another session cost me another £38 ???
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If its related to the same question you can come back to the question.If its a new question it is a further fee yes.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thats great THANKYOU i will do the rating nowViv
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate it - I get paid then!Thanks and good luckAlex