75100385

A crime occurred at the block of flats where I live and it

Customer Question

A crime occurred at the block of flats where I live and it was captured on CCTV. The concierge are not trained to download the footage and the property manager has been slow to act in contacting the CCTV contractor to visit to save the data. It is nearing the 30-day period when data is deleted. The property manager is not taking this seriously and criminal evidence is at risk of being lost. I feel I need the help of a solicitor to get things moving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More information: The crime took place on Feb 4th, and the police visited 2 weeks later, but concierge were unable to download the footage. I contacted the Property Manager (also the freeholder) last week, and they still have no fixed date for someone from the CCTV company to attend to save and download the footage. They are not taking the matter seriously. The police have asked to look at the footage in-situ.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CCTV system is very expensive, and I
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CCTV system is very expensive, and part of my service charge payments contribute to its maintenance. I feel the property manager are in breach of the lease as they are not using the system for its stated purpose: to record and prevent crime.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will Help youWhat is it you would like to know about this please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please could you let me know a number to call you on? Thank you for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i) I would like to know my legal options to force the Property Manager to download the CCTV footage.
ii) It could be a breach of the lease as the system that I am paying for is not available for use when I need it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call shortly.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meeting in about 20mins, but would like to discuss before then if possible.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It will be about 10 mins? Is that ok, or shall I call after your meeting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me at or after 1600hrs. I am at work, presently.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. After 4pm, but you may need to remind me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am back at my desk. You can call now if you're free.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am just on the phone, so will call after that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help over the phone.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help and good luckAlex