75100385

I am looking at an auction property that has tenants on an

Customer Question

I am looking at an auction property that has tenants on an AST but a condition also states that providing the hoouse remains habitable , they pay the rent, and its their main home, the landlord wont notice to end , Is this an AST still, they have been paying £250 per month(exclusive of some bills) since 2000. Can they be evicted upon purchase of the house?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. The tenants will remain in occupation of the property under whatever tenancy they have in place until the tenancy is ended by the landlord (and the tenants agree to leave) or if there is a court order evicting them from the property. It should be a condition of the purchase of the property that vacant possession is given to the buyer and the seller should pursue the eviction process to regain possession of the property prior to completion, unless the prospective buyer wishes to purchase the property with the tenants continuing.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This didnt answer my question, was it cut and paste?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No it was not. I will opt out and allow a colleague to attempt to assist you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When does the current tenancy expire please?