12826847

A similar question - what is the situation where an elected

Customer Question

Hi - A similar question - what is the situation where an elected member of a public body records a meeting without an employee's knowledge or consent in that employee’s office, and, then uses that recording in another situation (in this case ,outside of that public body)?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The situation is similar to the thread 2 years ago (recording private meetings in the workplace) - the legal position on someone covertly recording meetings in the other person’s place of work and then using that meeting transcript - without the other person's knowledge or consent to pursue another item outside of that workplace.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law.What was the nature of the meeting, what information was recorded?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What was the nature of the meeting, what information was recorded?