12826847

I received a P.C.N Through a email that the offense i

Customer Question

Hello,i received a P.C.N Through a email that the offense i done 02/5/2015 and notified of this 9 months later.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How is the issuer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have moved 2/3 times since last may,i did not up date my logbook,they sent 3 letters to a old address,then a warrant officer from the council,but i have no proof of this nor a notice in my hand only a email 3 weeks ago stating of this as i was totally unaware of this,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Who is the issuer please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I don't think I have the right number? I am not getting an answer. We can carry on here if you prefer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i asked of the fee and was told it was £407,and was i going to pay half thgat day and they would accept the other in a months time,i have written to the council ,only to get a email saying refer back to collections,i find this unfair as i was not able to stand for
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im finding the video etc
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. All I need to know is who is the issuer of the PCN? It will be on the PCN.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jo,i cant seem to send files it is not allowing me when i click on add files on here.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.I don't need you to send files.Just tell me who is the issuer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes its the right number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
reading borough council and collect services Ltd
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. This is a proper fine then.Was a physical fine placed on your vehicle at the time of the contravention?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PCNenquiries (*****@******.***) Add to contacts 09/02/2016 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To:***@******.******@******.***
Collect Services Ltd have been instructed by Reading Borough Council with regards ***** ***** warrant issued for non-payment of penalty charge notice RG85075784 issued for a contravention on 02/05/2015 in London Street.Please contact us as a matter of urgency to resolve the outstanding matter.RegardsAdministration TeamCollect Services Limited
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So was a fine left on the windscreen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i received nothing and of today,i only have this email,no i drove about 1 foot into a bus lane for a split second
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. It is a bus lane. It would have been issued by CCJ. That isn't good news I'm afraid.Why didn't you give the DVLA the correct details? How did that come about ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i move often, and will be again soon,regardless of there facts,why send me a email 9 months down the line to have a £30 fine shoot up to £407
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have nothing in my hand to say of a fine,not even to the address they sent it to.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Because the £30 would have increased to around £200 as they went to tribunal because you didn't pay or appeal.The remaining £200 would be bailiffs charges.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The trouble with this is that there is a specific offence in not telling the DVLA where you keep the car. They will not prosecute it but it will mean they will not be sympathetic to the argument that you didn't receive the fines and subsequent notifications.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i understand that,but the fact is i have no pcn in my hand to say of a fine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, you wouldnt Bus lane fines are issued by CCTV and sent to the address of the registered keeper recorded at the DVLA where the NTO and the charging order would have followed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have had my e mail for years,so why leave it 9 months to notify me,do i have a chance of hope
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Because they wouldn't normally use email.They would write to the address of the registered keeper.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You could always make a statutory declaration on the basis that you didn't get the fine but that might fail because the reason you didn't get it is that you didn't update the DVLA.But you could try. There is nothing unethical in that as long as you are truthful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that to collections or the council
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To the traffic enforcement centre. They will refuse it but you can appeal and that might be accepted.All the out of time stat decs are refused at the outset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a form online i fill in to them i have just found,so this a approach to try before calling collections again.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I wouldn't get into a debate with the bailiffs. Don't ignore them because they have powers.If you are going to pursue the stat dec route then you can tell the bailiffs you are doing that.If it fails though then pay quickly to reduce the bailiff's fees.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok many thanks,i will call the bailiff's of the new fee being 3 weeks old and say of this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it best to send the paperwork or do it online to the traffic enforcement centre.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I have always sent it through the post.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for the advise Jo.thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will paste the info,just like columbo,just one more thing,if i cant win,now collections surely cant state what i have to pay and when,like i said they said pay half and half,i have far more important things than this to deal with i can say.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the fee is £407,i can say i will pay so much a month,not collections telling me i must pay so much a month,columbo was a joke,as in 1 more question.if you was born in 1972 going by your contact info you would know of columbo.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not unless they agree.Bailiffs do have substantial powers. If you don't reach an agreement with that is acceptable to them they will just attend and remove your car and charge you fees for the privilege.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok many thanks Jo.they work on a no win no fee basis i heard for the council,how on earth these shambolic /corrupt organizations evolve is beyond me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they do but they always win.The only people who escape the bailiffs are people with no assets and no jobs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try my luck over the weekend and wait on a reply.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
All the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you and you to.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,i have just my bank account and can you tell me why 2 payments have gone out to you instead of one for £38,there are 2 1 if £37.15 and £28.00,now i did opt for more info as it was at £28 then it goes upto £38 it said online but surely that is not right.i accept the £38 but not another £28.00.Many thanks.Mr.s.Baldwin.