12826847

To cut a long story short, I was

Customer Question

My name is Tumay! To cut a long story short, I was driving Friday morning Jan 22nd thru Rotherhite Tunnel London with stock in my vehicle. As I came out of the tunnel the police were doing random checks and pulled me over. I stopped and everything checked out ok, but unfortunately because I was taking stock to my shop, my insurance DID NOT cover this particular objective. They asked me why? I replied Im taking stock to my shop, I have SDP insurance and as long as I can see out my side mirrors I thought I was legal.
They said they will have to take my car away an issued me with a £150PCN. BTW, whilst they were writing me up, I offered to extend my insurance to cover me for 'Business use' and pay the fine, both of them on the spot, which from my account meant that I could legally drive my car away. But again point blank they refused and i had to get the train to work.
The very next day i took all my documents to the car pound, paid the fine and showed them that I extended my insurance for business use. Having gone thru all this unnecessary procedure i got my car back and felt that I should really appeal against it for the part were I offered to extend my insurance there and then and pay the fine which again i must stress I felt was sufficient to drive off with my car.
Having just felt, let it go. I have just got a letter this morning from the Police with a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty for the very same incident. £300 fine and 6 Points for No insurance to Section 143 of the RTA.
Is this right can they carry on with the same incident and charge me again? And also i did have insurance but no extended business use! I feel really hard done by
Can you advise
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason you think they may not be able to pursue this?Sorry if I am missing the point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because i have already dealt with the matter.I paid £150 PCN and extended my insurance to cover business use.Plus I did have insurance on my vehicle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waste of money#
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Good luck with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. are you for real. Disgustingyou just took £38 giving me no advise. Vile, low life
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Following your responses I'm afraid I will not be able to continue.Opting out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enjoy peoples hard earned money for nothing!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disgusting
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you and issue a refund.