UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I live am a British Citizen with two British children -

Hi, I live am a British Citizen with two British children - we live in Australia and are looking to move back to the UK to take up a transfer within my company. The problem is that the mother of my children and I are divorced and she is Australian (also living in Australia). We are 'back together' in a relationship (after 6 years) but have separate houses etc. so I do not think we would be able to prove we are in a relationship for the purposes of a British visa. Both children were born in the UK and my ex-wife also had a long-stay 'permanent' visa when we lived in the UK. Any advice on the best way forward would be appreciated.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
Hello,You may remarry her and she would then be eligible to apply for a spouse visa. The other option if you do not wish to remarry her is for her to apply for a visa to join her children in the UK and look after them.The visa process is explained here https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Can you please tell me if the visa to join her children in the UK can be submitted/granted while the whole family is still in Australia (i.e. before we move to the UK) or would we have to wait until the children and I were already settled in the UK. Like me, both children are British citizens and have British passports.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Can you please tell me if the visa to join her children in the UK can be submitted/granted while the whole family is still in Australia (i.e. before we move to the UK) or would we have to wait until the children and I were already settled in the UK?
Like me, both children are British citizens and have British passports.