Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Do all the beneficiaries of a Will have to be paid at the

Do all the beneficiaries of a Will have to be paid at the same time?
I suspect that - as a non family member - I am being side tracked by the family.
You have always been very helpful in the past. Thank you Nancy C Wagner
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nancy,Thanks for your enquiry, and I am happy to assist you, today.It is a requirement, that once all the monies have been collected intot he Estate and all liabilities have been paid, that the Executors should first of all pay out all the pecuniary legacies (where people are to receive a set amount of money).Thereafter, the Accounts are prepared, and the Executors are then under a duty to distribute the monies at the same time to the residuary beneficiaries (those who are to receive a percentage of the net Estate).Therefore, all beneficiaries in each class should indeed be paid at the same time.I am not sure if Solicitors are acting on behalf of the Executors, but if they are, you should write to them with any concerns you have, if you think the above has not been adhered to. Likewise, if there are no Solicitors involved, you should consider writing yourself or through your own Solicitor, to the Executors.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.Kind RegardsAl
Hi Nancy,Can I assist you any further? Kind RegardsAl