12826847

My ex partner recently passed away and left her estate to be

Customer Question

My ex partner recently passed away and left her estate to be divided between two of my children. A firm of solicitors were the executors, They sold the house and dealt with any monies owed and then passed the balance on to my children. Months after it transpires that the council have contacted my partners sister who was the main carer and asked if she has received the last two weeks wages, she was paid until the end of October 2014 and my ex partner died on 15/11/2014. Apparently she is entitled to redundancy as well. My query is are my children liable to find the 5-6000 that was in a separate account as my daughter confirmed with the executors that all monies owing have been paid. My daughter recently bought a property and used all the money for a deposit and fees so no longer has any of the inheritance. She is pregnant and in a real state over this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.I assume that the sister wishes to pursue this?Looking at the accounts do the words "Statutory Advertisements" appear?