75100385

Not sure if I am on a ports, airports list not allowed to leave

Not sure if I am on a ports, airports list not allowed to leave the country as their maybe an arrest warrant out for me.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Could you please explain your situation a little more?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I paid my fine for drink driving but did not complete my community service for various reasons. I believe an arrest warrant was issued for me about 2 years ago and was told I would be arrested if I left the UK. Not sure if I have been put on this list. I recently applied for a Visa to go to the US on business and was accepted.
Regards,
Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I believe the arrest warrant would have been issued from Hammersmith magistrates court.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Ok - have you moved address since?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you need my old address?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
I dont, but have you moved since you breached the Probation order?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I presume this conversation is under client/attorney privilege?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Its not and its a public website. However there is a screen name provided for you, I or anyone else cant see your real name.Dont give me your address or name, just let me know if you moved since you breached the Probation order?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Sadly you need to check with the Court to see if there is a warrant, or the local Police station. The Court and Police station can tell you if there is a warrant or not.Generally you would only be arrested entering the country rather than leaving. But you need to check with the Court or the Police station local. I can't check for you whether there is a live warrant as there is no national database Solicitors can have access to and I cant ask the Court/Police because I am not authorised to act for you.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So the best course of action (I presume) is to instruct a solicitor which I believe, invokes client/attorney privilege and find out like that?
Alternatively, if my address is not current, would that make a difference, or would they potentially have logged my passport number, date of birth etc?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Correct. They can search by name and date of birth.Or you can just call the Police yourself and ask - they will have a record.Do it from a pay as you go phone or call box. But they will tell you.They are unlikely to know your passport number unless they speak to Passport Office.Can I clarify anything for you?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I do the call from a blocked landline?
If I instruct yourself would you be able to make the call for me?I presume it would be far too much of a risk to (see what happens) even though the police do not posses my update address. Do they just use name and date of birth?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Yes you can do it from a blocked landline. As I work for the site I cant be instructed sadly.You can risk it of course - they would have your name and dob, so you do run a risk it can be matched, but thats not 100%.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I presume name and date of birth would easily be enough to make an accurate match?
Or does it not always work like that?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
The agencies dont always talk to each other!So no guarantee either way.Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Surely I would not have been granted a ESTA Visa to go to the US if I had an outstanding arrest warrant or can US Homeland not access that that type of information on UK citizens?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
The US does not have access to UK criminal records. They wont know if you have a UK warrant.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Last question please.
Presume if there is an outstanding arrest warrant on me, I would have been registered with the ports/airports etc, would you advise me to check with the police?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
They dont necessarily keep records of those - its for Police records only.Does that clarify?Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Good luckAlex