75100385

As a Social club would we have to apply to the courts to change

As a Social club would we have to apply to the courts to change a rule, rule 27 states. These rules may, subject to rules 12 and 14 be added to, repealed or amended by resolution of any Annual or special general meeting. provided that no such resolution shall be deemed to have been passed unless it carried by a majority of not less than two thirds of the members voting thereon and unless in accordance with the constitution of the club.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know about this please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As we are a private social club do we need to ask the courts permission to change a rule in our club.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. You can do this yourself.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At our AGM last night we voted to change a rule, so we are ok to carry on and Amend our rule book?