75100385

I lent my sister in law some money, which she repaid me in

Customer Question

I lent my sister in law some money, which she repaid me in November. She was declared bankrupt in December. The time line is 21st October Bankruptcy Petition applied for, Nov 3rd sister in law paid me 13th Dec Petition Granted and Practitioners appointed. The practitioner is now asking me for the money and quotes section 284(1) of the insolvency act 1986. I was not aware that she was in financial difficulty till December. Where do I stand. Do I need to pay the Insolvency Practitioner?
John
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.How much was it please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The amount was £25,000. I lent her £30,000 in 2012, and she repaid £5,000 in 2012. The understanding was it was to be a short term loan, but it has dragged on a bit. She runs a pub, and the business has failed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07909 985145
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call shortly.Alex