75100385

I am in dispute with a management company over works needed

I am in dispute with a management company over works needed to be completed to my appt in a grade 2 listed building . its leasehold with another 9 appts in the building and we allhave an apportionment of the total bill . I paid £5k over 6 months ago for the work with a balance of £4k to pay . The work has already been delayed twice and the start date of next month seems to be slipping . I have offered to pay the £4k 30 days before work starts but the company our threatening legal action with costs if I don't pay all the money asap . They still cant give a start date .
where do I stand ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What does your agreement say about when sums should become due please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they gave me a total bill 6 months ago of around £9k for immediate payment , I have paid £5k and said I would pay the balance 30 days before work starts - work date has moved twice and was due to start in next month - March , however they still cant confirm - thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
But anything in your agreement which sets out when sums should be paid by?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a letter saying it needed to be paid by 15/6/15 , my number is ***** 913318
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call now.Alex