75100385

In 2008 I lost 1 million when my business went bust, now I

In 2008 I lost 1 million when my business went bust, now I have started a new buiness and gained 1million should I have to pay tax as net effect is nil?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Was the £1m a capital loss please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I invested in a nightclub in 2008, it failed and went into administration and my investment was lost. Since then I have invested in another limited company, which has performed well and over the last few years I have received dividends but paid tax on those.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call now.Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
To confirm the dividends are not tax free, they are counted as income.But when you come to sell the business/shares at that point your future losses are offset against that sale.Alex