12826847

I did accident when I finished my reversing.suddenly one

Hi,ı did accident when I finished my reversing.suddenly one van come to and he does not waiting me he would like to overtake me.he crashed my car right side back.i have cctv record.what can I do.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you report this to the police?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,I did not.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How long ago was this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was 13 of February but I called my insurance and I asked my friend about this accident.if I did reversing it was my fault.but I looked when I do reversing it was empty and I did when I finished my reversing he did not wait he overtake.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Didn't the insurance company tell you that you needed to report it to the police?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I going to police first after that what can I do.becuse third party call insurance and he told them she came suddenly.but I have cctv record.if you want I can show pic of cctv.i know he saw me and he would like to overtake and after that he crashed my right side back car.what do you think about this accident.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.What I need to know if have you reported this to the police within 24 hours of the accident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not report police
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. That is not good news.The first thing I would tell you to do had you done so is hand the CCTV to the police. If you do so now they will probably charge you with failing to stop and report as, come what may, you were involved in an accident and had a duty to report this and did not.If you are prepared to risk prosecution then you can still do that as the CCTV will probably have his index number allowing them to trace him.The other alternative is to try to get the DVLA to give you this information but they will want an explanation.If you found him you could complain to his insurance company.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I did not explain to very well.we spoke with him and I took his car photo and I took his phone number.i asked my friend and I explained everything but she said you should not do reversing but when I do reversing way was empty when I finished reversing he would like to overtake me.and his van already has lots of damage but he told me you did.when I check cctv record it has already damage.so what I need know,if I send photo or cctv record to my insurance they will see what happening.or can I go to solicitor because I did not believe insurance company.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK. So you do have his insurance details?And it is that your insurance company will not fight this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,and I explain my insurance company they says this is your fault because you did reverse and he was on his way.but it was not like that I was finished reverse and he saw me but he would not waiting me and he overtake me.so what can I do?am I send cctv record or pic what can I do.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, it is still not 100% your fault even if his version of events are accepted.However, it is a decision of the insurance company ultimately. They are liable on your behalf and will make decisions on a basis of risk management.You can ask them to reconsider their decision but you cannot force them to take action. You could complain the Ombudsman.If you feel particularly strongly then you could sue this person in the small claims court but then you need to take on board that you will probably end up dealing with his insurance company which could be expensive.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Experience: Over 5 years in practice