Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My dad died suddenly of a massive heart attack his partner

My dad died suddenly of a massive heart attack his partner is saying its him wish me and my brother do not go to the funeral. I don't believe he would say that, we didn't speak not cause I didn't want to but he just stopped speaking to us for no reason at all. All I won't to do is say good bye and not cause any upset. Can she legally keep me away as I'm his next of kin. Thank Zoe xx
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. His partner cannot legally exclude you from attending your father's funeral. If it was his intention that you should not attend then this my be included in a will, and it is your decision whether you should attend or not.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you