Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

What is the usual penalty to notify changes to

Customer Question

What is the usual penalty for failing to notify changes to the inland revenue regarding benefits ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Failure to notify regarding a change of circumstance in relation to benefits is a criminal offence and is considered fraud. Punishments can include a fine and imprisonment. Furthermore, if there are any payments made when your circumstances changed, which you would not have qualified for, then this is considered an overpayment and you will be pursued for repayment of this.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.