31090051

My sister rented a business property in Banff, Aberdeenshire.

My sister rented a business property in Banff, Aberdeenshire. When she terminated her lease she was told that the owner would remove all her copyrighted business stickers. However the owner hasn't done this and the lease ended in June. What legal stance does my sister have to ensure the business stickers are removed? All rent is now paid in full.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
What are these stickers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are stickers of her business logo on the windows so the public can see the and other stickers inside are of her business name and logo as well as different stickers on the walls which were motivational
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for response. Most Scottish commercial leases provide that the tenant is responsible for removing tenant's fixtures and fittings and signage at the end of the lease. If the landlord said he would do so and hasn't then your sister has little prospect of making him do so if there is only a verbal exchange to this. A verbal agreement about heritable property or a lease isn't binding in Scots law. However, if the lease does provide for her removing signage she could ask the landlord for access for her to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no written lease but a verbal contract was upheld through the consistency of rent she paid every month. Surely, if the verbal agreement has been honoured by my sister, they should be accountable to do so. Also an independent witness, the joiner was at the premises when she said she would remove the stickers. They are her legal property and advertise her business so she should still own them?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Technically, a verbal agreement for a commercial lease isn't a lease at all. If I was her solicitor I would advise a letter in strong terms asking the landlord to remove the items but I wouldn't advise going to court over it as I don't think the court would uphold a verbal agreement like that.