Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I would like to ask and I think I am being harassed by children services. Myself ( i am

Hi I would like to ask and I think I am being harassed by children services. Myself ( i am a father of Lucas) and my partner decided that we having a pause in our relationship. This pause might be up to 1 year could be less. My partner has Police caution for domestic violence , verbal abuse. Everything she admitted in front of inspector and solicitor. We were called to school because her son said that his mother slapped him. She will go back to Slovakia and I'm staying here in the UK with Lucas. Lucas is 18 months old. We both are British citizens she is not. Children services blaming me for everything and they threatening me with child protection. They want to take Lucas and my older son Ethan from his mother. What can I do? How can I stop them?
Thank you very much for any answer.
Roland
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. If there are concerns raised regarding your child - from what you have said his disclosure to the school that he has been slapped, as well your partner's police involvement and domestic violence, then social services have a duty to investigate the concerns and assess whether a child protection plan should be put in place (outlining what work you/the mother needs to undertake to satisfy social services that your son is safe) or if the risks are serious in their opinion then they will proceed to court for an order. If the local authority pursue an application to court for an emergency protection order, care or supervision order - you cannot stop the application, but you will be entitled to free legal representation from a qualified family solicitor to defend yourself and prevent your son being removed from your care.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you