75100385

I need legal advise about home improvement contract cancellation.

Hello,I need legal advise about home improvement contract cancellation. I want cancel contract after cooling down period but the Company want to us pay 25% off from all price which we signed 6000£ what I didn't know when I signed contract and seller didn't said that information. If we don't pay that amount they will proceed to court.I can't proceed with the process which will cost me 22000 and I don't have money to pay charge for them.What you could suggest?The cooling off period was 7 days not a 14 days and there is other things too and I think that I could win with help from wise person.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I added last letter already from Anglian Home Improvements solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is letter which I send to Anglian to explain everything but I just get answer from them solicitor and they normally didn't response to my letter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, as they are referred to in full, require traders to give you 14 days.Therefore if they did not give you the full 14 days then it did not start. They never advised you of 14 days and therefore it did not start and you can cancel it now.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Alex,thank you for respond to me.That's good but I wrote to them this information in letter which you can see I added before but they just send me a letter from solicitor which you can see too.What kind of action have to be from me to them?Shall I send same letter again just now to solicitor company?They action to me just shows that I must pay whatever :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't mind pay more but I need that someone resolve my problem,call or write to that solicitor company which send me letter and explain becouse they don't understand me.I just want they leave me alone and give back my 500£ deposit. They didn't do anything on my site even survey didn't come yet and quote was for free but they try to force me pay money for nothing.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I need that someone help me write a mock text to them becouse I'm not so good,could you help me.Do you think I can win in the court and may I point and ask not just 500£ but even compensation for waste my time and nerves:)?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I can do that but it would be an additional cost as not part of the service. I can draft the text for you.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.K. how much it would cost,I can send to you money.Is it possible that you write that letter from my name and send to them solicitor ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will do that but I need 100 % sure that I can win the court and I will need receive about my payment that I can get my money back?Can you confirm that?I was just wondering maybe in terms and conditions document which I signed there is some hidden poits and I can lost the court.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Court is never 100% guarantee. But from what you have said, they NEVER offered you the 14 day cooling off period as prescribed by law.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,they never provide 14 days but I'm worried that I can lost the keys becouse I signed that cotract last year 19 october and there could be some trick in contract.I need someone who can read carefully cotract and understand it and then help me write a letter and help me with court proceedings if needed.I need help for tomorrow becouse I'm going at 1 March holiday for a week and they gave me just 7 days otherwise they will proceed in court.How much would cost a Layer ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They could only claim 25% of the contract price which means it would be a small claim.They could not recover any legal fees in a small claim, as neither could you. That is because unless someone has acted unreasonably legal costs can't be recovered.Does that clairfy?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/