Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son who lives with me has run up debs of over £10.000....and

My son who lives with me has run up debs of over £10.000....and has been out of work for last 6 months and unable to pay anything as he's even barred for 13 weeks from job centre for not attending an appointment...I have been keeping him for months just with money coming in from my part time job.....what will happen if debt enforcers appear at my door....can they take my household possessions to pay for his debt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was working for a company when he took on the debt....a car....for transport to work and home. but after xmas they only had him in working one day a week ...most weeks...no shifts at all....this is why he went to sign on at job centre and missed his appointment...so he hasn't had money since xmas time...and im struggling to feed him, plus the extra gas and electricity he uses.....
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. If the lender proceeds enforcement proceedings against him and bailiffs attend your home, they cannot seize anything that does not belong to him. I would suggest that he contacts the lender to explain the reasons he has not continued payments and to try to arrange some repayment scheme. Most lenders will accept such offers.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for great advice..which I will pass on to son
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - you can ask for me directly in the future by starting your question For Harris. In the meantime please provide a positive rating to my response so that I can be credited for assisting you. Thank you