Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I have just realised I have a ccj against my name of which

Customer Question

I have just realised I have a ccj against my name of which I was not notified. Part of the debt was paid long time ago but the ccj is for the full amount
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
The answer depends on whether you accept the full amount is payable or have a defence for the balance.The fact you did not receive the court papers is one of the grounds for applying to set aside judgment however it is not enough on it's own you also have to show that you have an arguable defence to the claim otherwise the court will set judgment aside.I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply and I will be happy to respondBest wishesMichael
Sorry there is a typo above , you have also to show that you have an arguable defence or the court will NOT set it aside.ApologiesMichael