75100385

I have a timeshare agreement with Club la Costa which I no

I have a timeshare agreement with Club la Costa which I no longer want how can I cancel my timeshare?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When did you sign it please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed the agreement in 2004
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after an initial trial membership in the UK which was cancelled on purchase of points in Spain. Paid for initially by credit card down payment and credit agreement subsequently cancelled and the balance paid off due to extortionate interest rates. The agreement is a perpetuity clause and my children don't want the timeshare. I am 69, going through a divorce and would like to cancel the timeshare. Janice
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - what does the timeshare say about cancellation please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing on the contract or on the website about cancellation. At the time of purchase much was made of being able to will the timeshare to our children. Little did I know that this meant there was no get-out clause. However, I believe this is regarded as mis-selling and as I'm currently going through a divorce it is imperative to sort this out as quickly as possible.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Was there a cooling off period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I assume you did not exercise the cooling off period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a trial package for which there was a cooling off period but since I bought the timeshare 12 years ago I did not appreciate the that there was no get out of jail free. No I did not cancel the timeshare during this period.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid. Generally these contracts have people tied in and dont allow to cancel, unless within the cooling off period.As you purchased it 12 years ago you are outside this. So sadly you are liable for the fees for life. You can use one of these companies that sell timeshares etc.They ask for fees, which you can agree to but insist its in an Escrow account. That is kept there safe by a third party until the work is done. If they dont do the work - they do not get the £. If they wont agree to this then I would use someone else.But sadly unless you sell it you are liable for life and its too late to pull out now.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. There are a number of companies purporting to be able to get the timeshare contract cancelled either in a class action suit or for payment of around £6000 this can be done on an individual basis. According to your answer this is not a possible or indeed legitimate solution? Please let me know
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is possible, they can sell/transfer it. But I would make sure the money is in Escrow so it is kept safe until they have completed the work.But it is possible.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expected more in depth answer. Can you confirm that I have paid a one off fee and no further payments will be taken from PayPal? Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
its a one off fee yes.Sadly there is no more detail to give you save for the above.I would only use a third party if money paid is protected. Save for gat you are tied in for life. Sadly you are in contract.Can I clairfy anything else?Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience