Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My friend has signed a CH1 form giving me a legal charge over

my friend has signed a CH1 form giving me a legal charge over her property for a loan I gave her, how do I now register it?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. You will need to complete an AP1 (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/change-the-register-ap1) and provide the CH1, together with the prescribed fee (you can check the fees, depending on the value of the charge. You then need to submit all the originals to Citizen Centre, PO Box 6350, Coventry, CV3 9LP and ensure you keep copies.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your response. I did ask and pay for detailed response so I would need to know how I complete this form when it comes to sections 12 plus. Do I need to show identity of myself who is making the loan or of the person who is getting my loan, the owner of the house?I am somewhat confused by the formRegards
Pauleen
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - as the charge is for your benefit, you can make the application and submit the forms - and the owner of the property (your friend) will receive notice once it is registered on the title. Although, it may be better for the owner of the property to submit the application. If you/owner are not represented by a conveyancer you need to tick the relevant box in section 12 and then complete section 14. In section 14 under "conveyancer" column you can put "none"