Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner of 23 years passed away end November 2015. His

My partner of 23 years passed away end November 2015. His previous wife put in her Will that her share of their bungalow (56%) upon her death to be shared between their 3 children. She passed away shortly after but the children allowed their Dad to remain in the bungalow 'for as long as he wants, or until his death'. The bungalow is currently on the market with viewings taking place but it is too soon as I am still grieving for my partner. Do I have say in when the bungalow is sold? What are my rights - do I have any?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Please confirm if you were married to him? Was there any tenancy agreement in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I was not married to him. We shared all household bills over the years, and I managed both front and back gardens bringing them into order. When we decorated the bungalow - both inside and out - we shared the jobs and expenses just like a married couple. I just need to know if I have the right, at least, to slow down the sale of our home, it seems so cruel that its just 3 months since he passed and the family are rushing through the sale of my lovely home with all its memories.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately this will not raise an interest for you in the property and you cannot prevent a sale. The brother's have a legal interest in the property through inheritance and they are able to deal with the sale of the property as they wish. You could attempt to negotiate a slower sale of the property, but legally they do not need to agree to this.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.