12826847

I booked a weeding venue in Dec 2015 May 2016,

Customer Question

HI,
i booked a weeding venue in Dec 2015 for early May 2016, i felt under pressured to book the venue, as they stated my date was going to be booked by someone else, the total amount is around £12000, I had to pay £2500 cash as a deposit, i called ealy feb 2016 to see if i can cancel it, as it is too expensive and the venue is not what i want.
they said they cannot refund my deposit as i had signed a non refundable agreement, today i called them back, i found out they have booked out the venue for my date, but they will still not refund me any of the money back.
do i have a claim to part of the refund, as they have rented the venue out, and i think they have took a very bid deposit.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if they have had to reduce the price?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am not sure, but i dont think so, as my friend called to book the place to see if it was booked they said it was booked but they has the next day free for the same price as mine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They are entitled to levy administration costs but they cannot claim double compensation. Whatever the contract says on that point makes no difference.If they have sold the venue to somebody else then you are entitled to a refund minus a small amount for admin costs but no more than that.If they do refuse though you can always sue at the small claims court.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have sent the terms and conditions to you, it states the deposit is non refundable. can i still have a claim ??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They are entitled to levy administration costs but they cannot claim double compensation. Whatever the contract says on that point makes no difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so what shall i do next, and if i want to take them to a small claims court, is there a law stating entitled to levy administration costs but they cannot claim double compensation.as i have signed the contract....so what shall i tell them before going to court, under what law can i get them ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't get involved in a debate with them.Just send them one letter saying that you believe that they have sold the venue and therefore seek a refund. If they do not comply then you will sue and claim costs and interests. Put a specific time upon it.If they do not comply then issue here www.moneyclaim.gov.uk