75100385

WE sold hair salon in August 2015 which had been running successfully

WE sold hair salon in August 2015 which had been running successfully for 12 years. The couple that bought the business off us couldn't raise the funds We agreed to allow them to pay in instalments of £8000 on the 27 August and the further amount of £5000 to be paid on the 27th February 2016. They are now refusing to pay the outstanding amount. This quote " we are not taking the amounts that you were taking therefore we think that the £8000 is enough to cover the good will and stock and equitment".We have a signed agreement with them that was drawn up by him as he was an accountant and had seen our bank statements and paying books card machine statements.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear you have evidence of this agreement to pay by instalments ?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, yes we have a signed agreement. It wasn't done through a solicitor.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you possibly send us template on how to word the letter. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to find a template online. But you simply say they signed a contract and as such those sums are due.Does that clairfy?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you for your help
Sandra
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.