13262538

My son passed away a year ago and I am wanting to get his gravestone,

My son passed away a year ago and I am wanting to get his gravestone, the only problem is I do not own the plot he is buried in it belongs to my mother who refuses to hand over the deeds to me. As his next of kin is there anything I can do or am I truly at a disadvantage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Originally the plot belonged to my grandfather but he passed away 19years ago and my mothers sister inherited it being the next if kin of my grandparents and the eldest child. When my son passed away my aunt signed them over to my mother because she was helping me with the funeral arrangements on the promise that she would sign them over to me when I was able to manage function and manage day-to-day a little better. My aunt has had numerous conversations with here but she still refuses.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** so very sorry for your loss.Is there a reason why your mother will not agree to headstone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She won't give me a reason, when ordering my sons funeral she said she would hand them over to me in front of the funeral director but has now changed her mind. She doesn't tend to the grave , I do and the whole family are very angry with her because she wont allow me to give my son a gravestone that he truly deserves
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am truly so very sorry but sadly the power is all with your mother.I have no idea why she would wish to put you through this extra pain when your pain is still raw(and I know it is still raw) but sadlythere is no basis on which you can force her handClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for help I thought that was the case. May I ask as much as this pains me to even think this and morally I feel it is wrong but can I have him moved to a new plot. I obviously do not want to disturb his rest but I'm at the end of my tether. And what will happen when my mother passes away. I am the eldest child
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the endless questions I just spoke to my aunt who said that when she questioned my mother she mentioned that her uncle was in the grave and that's why she wont give me the deeds but before my son passed away she never even visited the grave it was my aunt uncle who made him a cross to mark his grave. He was buried there in 1972
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is it likely that your mother will bother to make a will?