Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife walked out on the 5th December 2015, leaving me to

My wife walked out on the 5th December 2015, leaving me to look after our 3 children and to pay all the household bill. She today has decided that she will moving back in. I asked her to pay half the household bills but has refused
I don't know what I should do as surely she should pay towards the house bills now that she has moved back in
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. This is something you need to sit down and discuss with her and reach an agreement about. You need to calculate how much a fair contribution should be and provide this to her. Does she work? Is she receiving the relevant benefits for the children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes she does work (full time), the child benefit is currently on hold as I have made an application for it as she has not provided my with the payments that she had while not living with us.I feel that she should pay half the rent, gas & electric and the council tax! I have asked her to pay this, but she has refused
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not on talking terms as she feels that I am intimidating her,
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the further information - once matters cool down, it will be helpful if you can sit down with her to attempt to reach an agreement. If this does not help then you can make a referral to an independent mediator to help assist you both. You can find local mediators here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk