How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a County Court Judgment in my name (Satisfied) because

Resolved Question:

I have a County Court Judgment in my name (Satisfied) because my car insurer paid the claim from the other driver late (more than 4 months). Can I get the insurer to ask the court to remove the CCJ from my name?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you asked the claimant to consent to setting it aside?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Further information: I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in March 2013. I immediately reported the incident to my insurer who handled the claim on my behalf. I received notice that the other driver made a small claims claim against me (October 2013) and again immediately informed the insurer who assured me that they are handling it. During a recent mortgage application which was declined, I discovered that the CCJ was still on my record because the insurer did not pay the claim until March 2014. I would like to know if I have any way of removing this judgment from my name?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
would the claimant agree to setting it aside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had any contact with the claimant, the claim was paid in full by the insurer in March 2014
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok you need to ask. In order to get it set aside you must show that you have a realistic defence.However it being paid late is not a defence and your only action would then be again your own insurers. But that may not get the ccj set aside.But to set aside you need to have a defence to the claim.Your insurers should write to Claimant and ask if they will consent.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. I will try and contact my insurer again to see if I can get somewhere with them... They have been very unhelpful and also the cause of this problem, so I am considering contacting the financial ombudsman to complain at their handling of my case.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Will call nowAlex