75100385

I have a County Court Judgment in my name (Satisfied) because

I have a County Court Judgment in my name (Satisfied) because my car insurer paid the claim from the other driver late (more than 4 months). Can I get the insurer to ask the court to remove the CCJ from my name?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you asked the claimant to consent to setting it aside?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Further information: I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in March 2013. I immediately reported the incident to my insurer who handled the claim on my behalf. I received notice that the other driver made a small claims claim against me (October 2013) and again immediately informed the insurer who assured me that they are handling it. During a recent mortgage application which was declined, I discovered that the CCJ was still on my record because the insurer did not pay the claim until March 2014. I would like to know if I have any way of removing this judgment from my name?
would the claimant agree to setting it aside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had any contact with the claimant, the claim was paid in full by the insurer in March 2014
Ok you need to ask. In order to get it set aside you must show that you have a realistic defence.However it being paid late is not a defence and your only action would then be again your own insurers. But that may not get the ccj set aside.But to set aside you need to have a defence to the claim.Your insurers should write to Claimant and ask if they will consent.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. I will try and contact my insurer again to see if I can get somewhere with them... They have been very unhelpful and also the cause of this problem, so I am considering contacting the financial ombudsman to complain at their handling of my case.
Will call nowAlex