Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Re.Mis sold investments which Eagle claims was going to deal

Re.Mis sold investments which Eagle claims was going to deal with but sandander deemed Eagle claims letter of authority to be invalid due to an amend to my signature section of the document and was not initalled by me,therefore they dealt direct to me,l was happy with the sum l was offered by sandander but Eagle was trying to say l was still have to pay for their services which was just a form with my particulars on it,l was the one who dealt with the phone calls and letters from Sandander,Eagle have been harasing me for quite a big sum of money which l really do not feel they have earned,how do l stand. Regards F.DOWNIE
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Have they actually done any work or have you made all the correspondence with Santandar? I would start by writing to them as follows:- Say you deny any liability for money owed;- Say it is a criminal offence to pursue someone for money they do not owe under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970;- Say if they do not stop harassing you, you will either report them to Trading Standards or to Police.Unfortunately whether they want to sue you (rightly or wrongly) that is entirely their prerogative. Baring that in mind if they do sue you, you will have to defend the claim. This will be on the basis that they never actually had authority to act for you and therefore never actually provided the service.Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
l am not sure how to proceed with this,as a pensioner l am finding it very difficult how to write things down,is it possiable for somebody to ring me please just talk me through what l have to do please.Thank you. F.DOWNIE
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you. I am not currently available for a phone call. I am happy to continue this dialogue - otherwise I can open the question up for another expert? I am happy to assist you in any way I can. Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Alec,is it possiable to speak to you please,Thank you.F.DOWNIE
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you. I am happy to continue this dialogue and to provide clear instructions as to what you will need to do. As a starting point - can you confirm have you had written demands for money from this company or are they calling you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes ,they have written and telephoned me
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you. In the last letter they sent - did they tell you they were going to issue court proceedings? When they telephoned you did you ask them to stop contacting you by phone? Can you create a record of when they phoned you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They said if l did not pay within 10 days they will take it to the small claims court,when they telephoned me it was a member of my family they spoke to wanting to speak to me but l was away resting after my operation,they have not rung since but the letter l received came after .23rd Feb.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you. Do you have a forwarding address for them? Firstly write back to them making the points I have highlighted:- Say you deny any liability for money owed;- Say it is a criminal offence to pursue someone for money they do not owe under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970;- Say if they do not stop harassing you, you will either report them to Trading Standards or to Police.Secondly If they still chase you for the money - contact Trading Standards and make a complaint - you can find your local office here - https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes l have but l really do need to somebody to talk me through on what to write Alec as l am not very confidant.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you. I am happy to help. Can you prepare a draft of the letter you will send and post it here (excluding any personal information) - I can then have a look at it? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you AJ.l do appreciate it,just be patient as with my parkinsons it affects my writing and it does take me quite some time to write,where would you like me to send it.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you. Please take your time and send it to me when you are ready. Would you be able to paste the text into this thread? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
l am not sure what that means but l will try and find out,is it possiable for me to send you photo copys of the letters l have received?l would feel a lot more confident if you were able just to read what l have received,l would be truly grateful to you A.J..l just am feeling very vunerable at this moment especially as l am waiting to go back in to hospital and would like to see this horriable episode over,thank you so very much.FRANCINE
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you. Would you be able to send the photocopies by email? Are you going to type the text on a computer?Do not worry about this all too much - as I explained it is a criminal offence to chase someone for money to cause harassment - I will help you respond to these people. Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You are so very kind A.J.l do not know how to send photo copies via the computer but l can post them,what is it that l have to text?,so very very sorry to be such a pest but l am on my own and have only just learned a little about my lap top,how sad is that haha,you have been so kind and l cannot thank you enough A.J..FRANCINE
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you. I ll tell you what will be easier, I will draft the outline of a letter for you on this thread, you can then fill in the blanks with the practical information (i.e dates when you signed the letter etc) - this will be easier than getting you to post something. Please bare with me as this will take me a little while I may not respond until tomorrow morning at the latest. Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
l do not know how to thank you A,J. you really are a STAR,l am so very,very grtateful to you,there are not many people who have time for pensioners like me,Thank you. Most sincere FRANCINE..X
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
No problem. I am happy to help. I will revert to you as soon as I can. Kind regards AJ
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your patience I propose the following wording - I have tried to not make this sound too legal, so that it is clear that they should not be abusing their position to demand money from someone:Dear Madam/ Sir,I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated [INSERT THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL DEMAND FOR MONEY].I also note the numerous attempts that have been made to harass and pursue me for money since the date of this letter. I would deny without condition that any money is due and owing to you from me. Any instruction or authority of engagement that you believe you have is at best defective and accordingly you have never provided any services on behalf or in my name. Even if any contractual arrangement existed between us (which I deny), your claim would purely be a penalty for termination of contract (which I do not believe a court will enforce) and would not be related to any services you have actually provided.If you continue to chase me for money I will deem this harassment under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970. Any further attempts to extort money from me will be met with a complaint to the Police or Trading Standards - and I shall make Trading Standards aware of the lengths you have gone to to harass a pensioner for money.I hope this now brings the matter to a close.Yours faithfully[INSERT PREFERRED SIGN OFF] If you would like to discuss this please let me know.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
l cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me A.J. l will get that written and will let you know how l get on,if that is ok.with you?.If l have any problems in the future l know who l would come to,l would certainly recommend your services.A very BIG thank you. ***** F.DOWNIE.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.
No problem - please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist any further.If you would like to discuss any parts of the letter or any amendments please let me know?If they still will not leave you alone please be sure to complain to Trading Standards.Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you A.J.