29905560

My wife paid daughters wedding dress in full £2000.

My wife paid for her daughters wedding dress in full £2000. Her daughter has turned against my wife for purely selfish reasons and hurt my wife immeasurably.
The dress is in storage at the wedding shop until August. My wife paid the final bill in full 2 weeks ago.
As my wife paid for the dress on her credit card in her name is ***** ***** to take the wedding dress from the shop?
Thank you in advance.
Nick.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Who is the purchase order made against - your wife or her daughter? Who does the shop basically treat as the client?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben. The purchase order was made in my wife's name but the shop has treated her daughter as the client.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
They could treat the daughter as the client who they will have a responsibility against and to whom they will release the dress. For them it does not necessarily matter who paid for the dress, but who is treated as their client. That does not mean that she is the rightful/legal owner of the dress, but it just means that this is what the shop can do in the circumstances. If they treat the daughter as the client and will only release the dress to her, your wife could still pursue the daughter separately for the value of the dress. So she may not necessarily be able to get the dress from the shop, but she could take separate action against the daughter for the value of the dress, or at least a proportion of it. Of course there is nothing stopping her from at least trying to get the dress. She can simply just turn up at the shop, make no reference as to why she is the one taking the dress and just say that she wants to take it and show that she was the one who paid for it. The shop may still release the dress to her, they may not question her motives or why she is picking it up rather than the daughter. The worst is they say no. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Ben. We are grateful.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, all the best