Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

What options are there in Camden who suffer from

What options are there in Camden for people who suffer from depression and addiction to alcohol, have lost their home and are jobless?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.Has the person presented to Camden council and submitted a homelessness application? Do they have any other health needs or do they have children in their care?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is suffering from depression and addiction to alcohol. He is homeless and going through a divorce. The children live with the mother. I thought I was asking advice from you doctors department but if you can advise that would be good. He needs mental care but he is hostile to help. He is not aggressive or dangerous so we cannot enforce treatment. He is 48 years old.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the further information. You can have a look CRI, which is a Camden service for people with alcohol issues: http://www.cri.org.uk/ In relation to his housing issue, he can submit a homelessness application to Camden. Given his depression and addiction to alcohol, they will need to see if he is in priority need based on his health issues. If Camden housing cannot assist then CRI will be able to assist him with hostels and such accommodation. As part of the divorce - do they have assets or finances? He will need to think about this as he will be entitled to make an application for financial relief from his wife.