How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2739
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

What options are there in Camden who suffer from

Resolved Question:

What options are there in Camden for people who suffer from depression and addiction to alcohol, have lost their home and are jobless?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.Has the person presented to Camden council and submitted a homelessness application? Do they have any other health needs or do they have children in their care?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is suffering from depression and addiction to alcohol. He is homeless and going through a divorce. The children live with the mother. I thought I was asking advice from you doctors department but if you can advise that would be good. He needs mental care but he is hostile to help. He is not aggressive or dangerous so we cannot enforce treatment. He is 48 years old.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the further information. You can have a look CRI, which is a Camden service for people with alcohol issues: In relation to his housing issue, he can submit a homelessness application to Camden. Given his depression and addiction to alcohol, they will need to see if he is in priority need based on his health issues. If Camden housing cannot assist then CRI will be able to assist him with hostels and such accommodation. As part of the divorce - do they have assets or finances? He will need to think about this as he will be entitled to make an application for financial relief from his wife.
Harris and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions