Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

A property I have an interest in has been sold by my ex to

A property I have an interest in has been sold by my ex to his son, a Final Dispute resolution is due next month. The son now has the property up for sale again. Is a HR1 form need to halt this action.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. What interest did you have towards the property? A HR1 is to register matrimonial home rights towards a property in which you resided as husband and wife. This will not protect your interest as the property has already been transferred. What your husband has done is disposing of an asset to which you would have been entitled to make a claim as part of your divorce. This is financial misconduct, given that you are in financial proceedings.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you What you will need to consider doing is submitting an application for an injunction as part of the financial proceedings on an urgent basis as well as potentially applying to join his son as part of the proceedings, given that the property is in his name now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No worries. If there are any further questions or issues in the future you can ask for me directly by addressing your question For Harris.