29905560

Forgotten which registry holds the title deeds to Flat 10 53

Forgotten which registry holds the title deeds to
Flat 10
53 Tollington Park
London N4 3QP
I paid the mortgage off years ago. I think that there was a choice of three and business was done by phone. I've mislaid details
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you after the original paper deeds for the property?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just need the details to give to someone who inherits from me
So do you need the original deeds or just a copy of them?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just need to know which land registry I left the deeds with. A copy would do, I expect.Can we switch to email to continue?
I can only correspond on here I'm afraid. Will get my response ready and post it on here shortly
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Ben. Hope that you find the land registry!Jean
The Land Registry no longer holds paper copies of the property’s title deeds. This is all done digitally and the paper deeds are returned to the owner, kept by the lender or the owner’s legal representatives, such as the solicitors acting in the purchase. However, you can just get a copy of the register from the Land Registry and this can be done online at a nominal cost. Having looked at the Land Registry I can see that your property has a title register, title plan and a flood risk indicator result. The title register will be the one you need and it will show who the registered owner is, together with any other important information about the property. You can search for and order these here: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/hc7NCoJAFAXgR7q_jtPSFo5DkIRBOZuYhYSi4yZ6_rJdRXl3B75zuBCgFWIltfkGzhBSvPfXeOvnFMclB3MRtkqkXFkxOfqsdELHTFDlCdo_wNFav-kSnCB8sLos0Mu23jk5MKL5Au87llfA8scL4I8rEPbVPHUwhdE2ftAHAwxioA!!/dl4/d5/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS80SmtFL1o2XzMyODQxMTQySDgzNjcwSTVGRzMxVDUzMDgy/ I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There was a choice of three offices to choose from when I paid off the mortgage.I cannot remember which one I opted for.
I believe it was all done digitally. I just want to know exactly who is holding these details. I was told on the phone that I didn't have to worry about anything because it was all being done electronically. I want proof of ownership or rather the information to tell someone what to do after my death. How do I go about acting on your suggestion?Just tried your suggestion and address & postcode not recognised
I have managed to get the details for your property - when you follow the link, just type in 53 on the first line and the postcode on the second, then you will get a list of all the flats and choose Flat 10
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks . Will try that
Bye for now.
You are welcome, in the meantime I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Hello, did you manage to locate the documents on the site I pointed you to?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still had problem gaining access. It comes up as error on my iPad ( perhaps the iPad is the problem). All I wanted to know was that the deeds are in MY name and what information I should give the executor of my will to trace the deed.
If you can't tell me, I can ring the land registry up later.
Thanks for your concern
I can get the documents for you if you want and upload them on here then you will have your own copies. If you want me to do that I can treat it as an additional service for a small extra charge as I will have to pay separately to access them?
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have rung them up and now know that the deeds are in my name and I have sorted my problem. No need for further action
Thank you for letting me know and all the best